At DICE Therapeutics (a wholly owned subsidiary of Eli Lilly) , we design and develop innovative therapies in immunology for patients with debilitating disease. Seeking to create a future where convenient oral medicines with biologic-like efficacy are available to patients with serious medical conditions, we are developing oral alternatives to medicines currently limited to injectable forms.
We are currently seeking an outstanding leader in Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) to lead the DMPK group at DICE. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and executing DMPK strategy from early stage exploratory research through late stage drug development. The role requires a broad knowledge of DMPK science, experience in small molecule drug discovery and development, and strong management skills to support excellence in function and successful collaboration across DICE and with the larger Eli Lilly organization.
- Provide scientific DMPK leadership and establish DMPK strategy for DICE projects
- Responsible for the smooth operation of DMPK group, including allocation of resources, management of budgets, laboratory safety and operations
- Recruit, retain, manage, and develop DMPK scientists and managers
- As a member of the Research leadership team, contribute to establishment and execution of Research Strategy
- Establish outsourcing strategy, and ensure effective oversight of CROs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in Research to support the efficient discovery and selection of Development Candidates
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in Development to optimize development plans, ensure DMPK strategy is aligned with overall Product Development Strategy and ensure efficient execution of DMPK studies to support Development
- Collaborate with the larger Eli Lilly organization to access expertise and resources to support DICE Research and Development projects
- Ensure effective communication of DMPK data, conclusions, and strategic recommendations in a variety of settings (e.g. Project Teams, Senior Management Meetings, meetings with colleagues within Eli Lilly)
- Ensure documentation and reports of DMPK studies support high quality science and meet all relevant regulatory standards
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the efficiency, quality, and capabilities of the DMPK group and effectively lead change to capitalize on such opportunities
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to work collaboratively internally and externally, with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical judgment with attention to detail
- Skills to proactively identify and manage potential risks
- Entrepreneurial spirit and adaptability in a dynamic environment
- Skills to drive aggressive timelines while keeping the team motivated
- Working knowledge of ICH, GCP, and FDA guidelines and regulations
Salary range: 241,000 – 301,000
The pay range for this position that we reasonably expect to pay. Individual compensation is based on various factors including, experience, education, skillset, and geographic location. This range is for the Bay Area, California location and may be adjusted to the labor market in other geographic areas.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.