The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and independently performing experiments using a wide range of in vitro assays and technologies. These will include ELISA and mammalian cell culture assays, and will expand over time. This person will support cutting-edge small molecule discovery through their data and analysis within a growing multidisciplinary team.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Performing key experiments to support drug discovery using biochemistry and cell biology
· Generating high-quality, reproducible data by leveraging liquid handling, laboratory automation and advanced data analysis tools
· Identifying and developing new assays as the project requires
· Communicating experimental results and analysis to project teams
Required Skills & Qualifications
· A degree in biochemistry, biology, or a related field
· A.S. with 2-4 years of industry or related experience, B.S. with 2-4 years of experience, or M.S. with 0-2 years of experience.
· Demonstrated experience with biochemical assays, mammalian cell culture, or assay development
· Familiarity with liquid handling systems and automation would be an advantage (BioTek, Hamilton, Integra, Formulatrix, etc)
· Experience with protein interaction techniques (ELISA, BLI, SPR) would be beneficial
· Experience with molecular biology techniques (PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, DNA purification) would be beneficial
· Creativity, a high degree of independence, and enthusiasm to learn new skills
· Strong teamwork, communication, and record-keeping skills
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job