At DICE Therapeutics, we design and develop innovative therapies in immunology for patients with debilitating disease. Seeking to create a future where convenient oral medicines with biologic-like efficacy are available to patients with serious medical conditions, we are developing oral alternatives to medicines currently limited to injectable forms.
We seek an exceptional Scientist II/Senior Scientist to join our medicinal chemistry team. This individual will be a key contributor to the design and synthesis of molecules to support ongoing and new research programs.
· Managing compound critical path progression through all stages of the drug discovery process
· Managing external synthetic chemistry FTE’s
· Prioritization of small molecules based on understanding of SAR and SPR
· Route design and optimization support for internal and external chemists
· Working with medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, DMPK, and computational chemistry teams regarding compound management and program goals
Preferred Experience and Education:
· PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry + 3-8 yrs or MS + 6-10 yrs industrial experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Independent medicinal chemist with experience across multiple stages of the drug discovery process
· Track record of contributions in Hit ID, Hit to Lead, and Lead Optimization
· Expert knowledge of synthetic chemistry literature
· Strong organizational and time-management skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Team player; comfortable and effective in a cross-collaborative research environment
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.