At DICE Therapeutics, we design and develop innovative therapies in immunology for patients with debilitating disease. Seeking to create a future where convenient oral medicines with biologic-like efficacy are available to patients with serious medical conditions, we are developing oral alternatives to medicines currently limited to injectable forms.
We seek an exceptional scientist to join our Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics. This individual will be a key contributor to building our in-house bioanalytical capabilities with an emphasis on metabolite profiling and identification using liquid chromatography mass spectrometry. This individual will be using state-of-the-art equipment to help solve problems related to drug metabolism.
- This person will be performing metabolite profiling studies by LC/MS/MS to support drug discovery and development projects.
- In addition they will perform in vitro drug metabolism studies such as microsome stability, reaction phenotyping etc.
- They will also be responsible for developing methods to quantify metabolites from in vivo samples in support of pharmacokinetic or toxicokinetic studies.
- This person will be reporting results to key stakeholders at project team meetings and providing suggestions on based on the findings.
- They also assist in writing reports for regulatory submissions.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting LC/MS/MS instruments is required.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- PhD (0-3 years experience), MS/BS with several years experience in pharmaceutical setting.
- Hands on experience performing in vitro DMPK assays such as metabolic stability, CYP inhibition, metabolite profiling and identification studies.
- Experience working with hepatocytes, fresh and cryopreserved is preferred.
- Experience conducting metabolite profiling and identification studies using liquid chromatography mass spectrometery (LC-MS/MS) methods. Proficiency in the structural elucidation of metabolites by mass spectrometry is needed.
- Experience operating Thermo Orbitrap Exploris or similar mass spectrometers is desirable.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Having a solid understanding of common biotransformation pathways and how to test these in vitro, is preferred.
- Experience using Xcaliber or similar software is a plus.
- Thorough scientific record keeping
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player; comfortable and effective in a collaborative research environment
Scientist I – 115,000 – 122,000
Scientist II – 130,000 – 140,000
The pay range for this position that we reasonably expect to pay. Individual compensation is based on various factors including, experience, education, skillset, and geographic location. This range is for the Bay Area, California location and may be adjusted to the labor market in other geographic areas.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.