At DICE Therapeutics, we design and develop innovative therapies in immunology for patients with debilitating disease. Seeking to create a future where convenient oral medicines with biologic-like efficacy are available to patients with serious medical conditions, we are developing oral alternatives to medicines currently limited to injectable forms.
Main Purpose of Position:
We seek an exceptional full-time lab-based synthetic chemistry Research Associate / Senior Research Associate to join our medicinal chemistry team. This individual will be a key contributor to the synthesis of intermediates and final compounds within the goals of developing treatments for inflammatory diseases. Must have legal right to work in US.
• Complete multi-step synthesis of small molecules under the guidance of a trained synthetic chemist
• Column purification and TLC, HPLC, LCMS, and NMR characterization of reaction products
• Prepare and present weekly chemistry updates and provide written procedures
• Manage compound registration and organization of chemistry samples for bioanalysis
• BS or MS in organic chemistry, academic and/or industry organic synthesis experience a plus
• Awareness of safety standards in chemistry labs
• 0-6 years industry experience
• Multi-step synthesis of small molecules and characterization using H NMR and LCMS
• Air-free reaction conditions
• Thorough scientific record keeping
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Team player; comfortable and effective in a collaborative research environment
Salary Range RA I: 69,000 – 75,000
Salary Range RAII: 78,000 – 88,000
Salary Range SRA: 90,000 – 102,000
The pay range for this position that we reasonably expect to pay. Individual compensation is based on various factors including, experience, education, skillset, and geographic location. This range is for the Bay Area, California location and may be adjusted to the labor market in other geographic areas.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.