At DICE Therapeutics, we design and develop innovative therapies in immunology for patients with debilitating disease. Seeking to create a future where convenient oral medicines with biologic-like efficacy are available to patients with serious medical conditions, we are developing oral alternatives to medicines currently limited to injectable forms.
The Corporate Controller will lead the accounting activities of the organization to support the needs of a publicly traded company. The role will have overall responsibility for the accounting process, preparation of GAAP financial statements, tax matters and external auditor engagement. The Corporate Controller will develop and maintain best-in-class accounting processes.
- Build a best-in-class accounting function; motivate and develop talent
- Lead all accounting activities including general ledger, payables and payroll
- Oversee the timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of the month-end and quarter-end close processes
- Apply industry knowledge of clinical stage biotech companies to ensure related accounting considerations such as clinical trial accruals are appropriately addressed
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums as needed
- Support SEC filings
- Play an active role in implementing and operating SOX controls; continuously strengthen internal control environment
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements including systems enhancements and integrations, policy changes, workflow changes and spreadsheet redesign
- Partner closely with third parties to manage annual audits, filings, taxes, and other corporate accounting activities
- Prepare materials for Leadership Team and Board of Directors meetings and participate in Audit Committee meetings
- Perform or participate in special projects or ad hoc assignments
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Minimum 12 years of related experience required
- Strong leadership skills in building teams, with a focus on the continuous development and growth of team members required
- Big 4 or national accounting firm audit experience preferred
- Public company, biotech industry experience preferred
- SOX implementation experience preferred
- Systems implementation experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP required
- CPA license strongly preferred
Salary Range 230 ,000 – 270,000
The pay range for this position that we reasonably expect to pay. Individual compensation is based on various factors including, experience, education, skillset, and geographic location. This range is for the Bay Area, California location and may be adjusted to the labor market in other geographic areas.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.