At DICE Therapeutics, we design and develop innovative therapies in immunology for patients with debilitating disease. Seeking to create a future where convenient oral medicines with biologic-like efficacy are available to patients with serious medical conditions, we are developing oral alternatives to medicines currently limited to injectable forms.
We seek a highly energetic, talented and self -motivated individual to join our growing Accounting and Finance Team. The Associate Director/Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting is a very hands-on role. This position is responsible for managing the implementation of SOX 404Bworkstream, technical accounting memos, and the preparation of SEC filings(e.g., 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S - 8, proxy statement, etc.). A successful candidate needs to have deep expertise in technical accounting research, SOX requirements under 404B, and SEC filing for a large accelerated filer. The ideal candidate will collaborate with other functional areas, to provide guidance and leadership on policies and controls.
- Manage internal controls and compliance programs and support SOX 404B compliance efforts
- Lead continuous process improvement initiatives as part of the SOX 404B implementation
- Prepare accounting memos on complex transactions to ensure accounting issues are properly vetted and concluded
- Ensure all new relevant and applicable accounting guidance from the FASB and the SEC and other regulatory agencies are properly evaluated and documented. Collaborate with key business leaders to implement any applicable accounting guidance
- Coordinate with other accounting team members to update existing or implement new policies to ensure alignment with our business and relevant accounting guidance
- Lead the preparation and filing of Forms 10-Q and 10-K, including footnotes, MD&A, XBRL tagging and review using Active Disclosure
- Prepare, review and/or file other periodic SEC documents (8-Ks, proxy statements, etc.)
- Coordinate the completion of, and maintain supporting documentation for, all areas of external reporting as well as the preparation of GAAP and SEC checklists
- Lead and maintain SEC reporting calendar and coordinate review process with key stakeholders including the Disclosure Committee
- Respond to FASB proposals and SEC proposed rules on areas impacting the Company
- Assist with responding to SEC comment letters
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Big 4 experience preferred but not required
- Public company, biotech industry experience is a plus
- Minimum 6 years of related experience required
- Prior experience leading both technical accounting and SEC reporting at a public company required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Active CPA license strongly preferred
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.